Stream online videos and music to your TV using your smartphone, tablet, or laptop, Works with Android, iOS, Chrome for Mac, and Chrome for Windows, Easy setup: Plug into any HDTV and connect to your home WiFi network.
Plug in to your TV’s HDMI port to watch TV shows and movies from Hulu Plus, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, PBS, and more! You do not have to have a Netflix or Hulu account to use this item–everything is already set up for you.
The Kindle Fire HD comes pre-loaded with several best-selling eBook titles. Check card catalog for title availability. Note: This device cannot be used to access the internet/eBooks other than those already loaded on to the device.
You do have the option of checking out one of our two Kindle Fire’s that is not loaded with any books/movies, that can be used for internet use.
We have an iPad Mini available for checkout that is pre-loaded with new and old titles of movies. This device can be used offline, however the movies have to be downloaded via WiFi first.
Mobile Wireless Hotspot
If you need wireless connectivity on the go, or live in an area with poor wireless connectivity, the Library now has a mobile hotspot available for checkout. The hotspot can be used to connect to Wi-Fi on up to 10 devices at once, both indoors and outside, with unlimited data.
- Hotspot available for checkout to Rochester card holders only
- Two-week checkout limit with no renewals
- Hotspot can only be checked out one per month, per household
- Overdue fees for the hotspot are $5.00 per day
- After 10 days late the hotspot will be shut off and a $200 replacement fee for the hotspot will be billed to the patron
- Hotspot cannot be returned in the book drop
You can place a hold request on the wireless hotspot here; however, specific availability dates cannot be guaranteed
Portable Projector and Table Top Screen
We now have our Epson Portable Projector and our Epson Portable table top screen available for checkout! All items must be returned to Rochester Library.
- 2 week checkout
- $405 replacement cost if lost or damaged.
- Cannot be returned in the book drop.
- All devices can be checked out for a two-week period unless otherwise stated.
- Patrons are responsible for ensuring that all parts of the device (the device itself, power adapters, accessories, etc) are returned with the item. A contents list for each item is attached to the device packaging.
- Patrons should be made aware at check-out that they are responsible for paying the replacement cost for the device if it is damaged or lost.
- Rochester patrons can currently place hold requests on all but the following items: GoPro Hero3 Camera Kit
Not sure which of these devices suits your needs? Need help using a device? Feel free to ask a Library staff member for help! We also offer one-on-one instructional sessions through our Book-A-Librarian service.