MOBILE WIRELESS HOTSPOT
If you need wireless connectivity on the go, or live in an area with poor wireless connectivity, the Library now has a mobile hotspot available for checkout. The hotspot can be used to connect to Wi-Fi on up to 10 devices at once, both indoors and outside, with unlimited data.
- Hotspot available for checkout to Rochester card holders only
- Two-week checkout limit with no renewals
- Hotspot can only be checked out one per month, per household
- Overdue fees for the hotspot are $5.00 per day
- After 10 days late the hotspot will be shut off and a $200 replacement fee for the hotspot will be billed to the patron
- Hotspot cannot be returned in the book drop
You can place a hold request on the wireless hotspot here; however, specific availability dates cannot be guaranteed
- All devices can be checked out for a two-week period unless otherwise stated.
- Patrons are responsible for ensuring that all parts of the device (the device itself, power adapters, accessories, etc) are returned with the item. A contents list for each item is attached to the device packaging.
- Patrons should be made aware at check-out that they are responsible for paying the replacement cost for the device if it is damaged or lost.
- Rochester patrons can currently place hold requests on all but the following items: GoPro Hero3 Camera Kit
Not sure which of these devices suits your needs? Need help using a device? Feel free to ask a Library staff member for help! We also offer one-on-one instructional sessions through our Book-A-Librarian service.