Contact the Library
PO Box 617
Rochester, IL 62563 Phone: 217.498.8454 Fax: 217.498.8455
10 am-5 pm
10 am-4 pm
10 am-8 pm
About Rochester Library
Library Mission Statements
Patron Mission Statement
Rochester Public Library District Patrons will have access to innovative library services that continually adapt to patron needs. Additionally, the Rochester Library will:
- Provide and environment, both physical and virtual, that encourages interaction among community members and organizations.
- Provide lifelong learning opportunities through a variety of print and digital media.
- Provide career, finance, and small business information that will aid in community growth.
- Provide a common place and forum for local governance discussions.
- Provide opportunities for residents to explore their personal heritage and develop a tangible history of the community.
Librarian Mission Statement
The mission of librarians of the Rochester Public Library is to improve society through facilitating knowledge creation in the Rochester community.
Supporting the Mission
New Patron FAQs
Location and Map
Rochester Public Library is located just off IL State Highway 29 on Community Drive, on the far East side of Rochester. We are in the same building as the Village of Rochester offices and the Rochester Police Department.